The Spicers Scenic Rim Walk is a two day/two night guided walk experience, based out of the magnificent Spicers Canopy glamping site.
Exploring rainforests throughout the Main Range National Park and the private land of Spicers Peak Station, a 2,800 hectare nature reserve, walkers enjoy a rare opportunity to explore land previously only touched by early pioneers.
The region is a treasure trove of unique plants, animals and distinctive vegetation. The mountains preserve living links to Australia’s ancient past, while wallabies, koalas and one of Australia’s two species of lyrebird inhabit the region’s rainforest, grasslands and wet eucalypt forests.
On the Spicers Scenic Rim Walk, guests will stay at Spicers Canopy is a permanent, private, glamping site that enjoys stunning views towards Mount Mitchell, Spicers Peak and Mount Cordeaux. There are ten luxurious safari-style camping tents with king-size beds, timber floors, fine linens, bathrobes and a covered deck with deck chairs. The main lodge features an open plan lounge, dining area, blue stone fireplace, bathrooms with heated rainwater showers and an outdoor campfire pit with wood-fired pizza oven. There is also an outdoor plunge pool, the perfect setting in the Australian bush to enjoy a sunset.
Rates from $1,490 based on twin share. Single supplement $300 per person. This excludes return transfers – additional at $150 per person from Spicers Balfour in Brisbane or guests can self-drive to the hiking hub.
Committed to the Environment
Spicers Retreats objective is to create walking experiences that deliver a unique sense of relaxed luxury, existing in harmony with nature’s beauty and the local surroundings. Their non-urban properties support biodiversity and sustainability. 90% of the freehold land is managed considerately to create a balance of ecotourism, livestock production and nature conservation. Only 10% is used as farmland.
Spicers Canopy is an Advanced Ecotourism accredited site, which is totally self-sufficient and uses organic and locally grown produce. The site runs on solar power and uses filtered rainwater from our large storage tanks. It is a fantastic example of Spicers’ commitment to sustainable luxury tourism and to the maintenance and improvement of the land on which the retreats and walks are operated.
- Accessed via Brisbane, QLD
- Duration: 2 days / 2 nights
- Distance: 27km
- Grade: Moderate to Hard
- Walk operates: March to November
- Bush trails, rainforest, rocky sections, steep sections on day 2
- Group size: Max 16
- Av. Km per day: 13 to 15km
- Rates: AUD $1,490 (twin share)
- Stay in comfortable glamping tents at Spicers Canopy on the Scenic Rim Trail in Queensland.
- Encounter unique Australian wildlife like the koala on the Scenic Rim Trail in Queensland.
- Spicers Scenic Rim Walk, Queensland
- Take in incredible views of the Scenic Rim in Queensland on this Great Walk of Australia.
- Take in spectacular views at Northern Lookout on the Scenic Rim Trail in Queensland, Australia.
- Spicers Scenic Rim Walk
- Walk to Mount Mitchell on Day One of your Scenic Rim Trail itinerary, with Great Walks of Australia.
- Walk through Eucalyptus Forests on the Scenic Rim Trail in Queensland, Australia.
- Soak in a hot tub at Spicers Canopy in Queensland on the Scenic Rim Trail.
- Relax around the firepit after your walk at Spicers Canopy on the Scenic Rim Trail in Queensland.
- Enjoy the luxurious comforts of your private glamping tent at Spicers Canopy in Queensland.
- Company by the fire
- Enjoy the luxurious comforts of your private glamping tent on the Scenic Rim Trail in Queensland.
- Learn from your guide along the way with Great Walks of Australia on the Scenic Rim Trail.
- Enjoy a guided walking experience with Great Walks of Australia on the Scenic Rim Trail in Queensland.
- Join other walkers on the Scenic Rim Trail in Queensland with Great Walks of Australia.
- Climb to the summit of Mount Mitchell for stunning views of the Scenic Rim in Queensland.
- Stay at Spicers Canopy, our lodge base for three nights on the Scenic Rim Trail.
- Enjoy the luxurious comforts of a private glamping tent with Great Walks of Australia.
- The Milky Way
This graph loosely depicts the gradient of the track, providing you with some basic understanding of how challenging the walk will be. The graphs are useful in helping you decide which walk suits you best. Whatever your ability or fitness, there’s sure to be a walk that suits in the Great Walks of Australia collection.
* Elevations are indicative only and are not to scale. Walkers should contact individual walk companies to better understand the terrain and difficulty of each walk.
- Day One Mt Mitchell to Spicers Canopy Walk on a graded walking to the twin peaks of Mount Mitchell and enjoy amazing views to the coast. Today's walk concludes with a descent into Spicers Peak Station, along Millar Vale creek, arriving at Spicers Canopy in time for a gourmet dinner and local wines. Amazing birdlife and 360 degree views of the Scenic Rim are highlights on this day.
- Day Two Spicers Canopy to Spicers Peak Lodge The most challenging day of the experience so far (15km) but definitely the most rewarding. You will hike through various types of terrain including the dense Gondwana rainforest of Spicers Peak complete with giant ferns, grass trees and 1,000-year-old hoop pines. Arriving at Spicers Peak Lodge in the afternoon, you will be warmly welcomed by the friendly staff with refreshing beverages and afternoon tea before returning to Canopy for the evening. On the final morning (day 3) we have breakfast and return to Brisbane (no walking on this day).